FTTH or fiber optic networks will be used for generations. Fiber networks are the only networks which can cope with the massive growth of bandwidth in the coming years. And the only way to make 5G a reality as it requires a significant increase of the number of antennas and demands high capacity transport networks.
During this webinar, which is organized by telecoms.com and hosted by CommScope, you will discover why fiber is essential for 5G transport and how to cope with the growing requirements for fiber capacity.
For new network builds, the convergence of fixed FTTH and mobile transport networks is a smart way to minimize deployment costs and maximize revenue opportunities. The economic benefits of network convergence are presented by Comsof CEO Raf Meersman, who has executed this study with Comsof Fiber. This study was ordered by the FTTH Council Europe.
Key topics are:
- Fiber as an enabler for 5G
- Impact of the number of antennas
- Economic benefits of network convergence
- Pedro Torres, Director of Mobility Network Engineering for Global Strategic Accounts – CommScope
- Raf Meersman, CEO – Comsof
- Wei Shi, Intelligence Content Manager – Telecoms.com
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM British Summer Time
Duration: 1 hour